The Integration Systems Engineer position is responsible for planning and technical aspects of implementation, administration, maintenance and support of vendor and internal applications - driving process, technology and support standards to best practice. This position will also work with customers and operational teams to suggest features and improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement, administer and support the systems management server (SCCM), InTune (including related MDM items), SharePoint, BitLocker and other Microsoft products.
- Analyze, Implement, administer other vendor and in-house applications.
- Monitor performance of programs after implementation.
- Must be a problem solver that can troubleshoot and fix application issues that may be OS related, application related, or hardware related.
- Oversee the planning, design and implementation of applications (web, client-server, etc)
- Perform desktop manual or deployed migrations and troubleshoot issues related to these updates, ensuring desktops comply with security policies by deploying and maintaining Desktop security applications.
- Test and schedule third party patches and updates for all client machines (Microsoft, Adobe, etc.).
- Application and Package creation and deployment using SCCM.
- Maintain accurate and timely inventory of all applications and hardware within the defined inventory system using SCCM discovery.
- Respond to escalation calls from Service Center and other sysadmins to resolve issues. Manage customer incident and service requests ensuring timely resolutions and/or escalation to appropriate personnel. Research and resolve the most difficult and complex problems that other Service Center levels have been unable to resolve.
- Identify and implement automation process for increased team performance, automates repetitive administrative tasks via PowerShell. Streamlines IT processes into SCSM.
- Consult with others to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements.
- Write and maintain technical specifications. Develop documents, communicate and enforce policies for standardizing systems and software including workstation, laptops, cell phones and tablets. Develop and maintain training materials. Document the group's configuration parameters, operational procedures, and best practices.
- Manage and create SQL queries to key SCCM databases.
Must have a bachelor’s degree in computer technology field (e.g., Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent background);
Experience: 5-7 years’ experience including:
- SCCM, SharePoint, Intune and other Microsoft solutions.
- Application packaging and deployment.
- Strong focus on security related configurations and compliance for both IT and company security policy and procedures.
- Web-based Office Online applications, including Word Online, Excel Online, PowerPoint Online, OneNote Online, etc.
- Installation, management of web applications and client/server-based products
- Preferred: Experience with virtual desktop infrastructure and database administration experience, particularly SQL Server. Active Directory Federation Services. Azure AD Connect. Microsoft Skype for Business Online and on premise, Skype PSTN Conferencing. Redhat Linux server administration.
- Technical capacity related to Windows Applications, Server Operating Systems and IT hardware
- Ability to apply strategic and tactical approach to solutions, implementations, maintenance and support
- Possess excellent communication skills, work autonomously, be self-disciplined and have strong time management skills.
- Be highly motivated, a self-starter and can work independently most times and with very minimal direction. Demonstrate an ability to meet and manage projects and/or timelines.
- Must function well in a Team environment, provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced team members. Work closely with Tier 1 support to provide working sessions and training to support personnel. Provide automated and documented processes to support simplification of operations activities for daily procedures. Ability to organize and facilitate planning and demonstrations
- Customer service attitude. Ability to solve complex technical problems and articulate to non-IT personnel - Enjoy working with other people. Needs to be able to work alongside our Security, Active Directory teams.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment which routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, and photocopiers.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Approximately 5- 10% travel is anticipated.
Security: Required to consistently demonstrate adherence to all security requirements and accepted practices as contained in the current ES&S Security Policy. Incumbents must proactively read, comprehend and adhere to all ES&S security policies, practices and procedures regarding the safety and safekeeping of co-workers, products, services and other intellectual property as defined in the ES&S New Business and Non-disclosure, or Proprietary matters, Confidential matters and Non-Competition agreements, and the current ES&S Security Policy Manual.
EEO Statement: In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at ES&S will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. ES&S does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, or because of past, current, or future military obligations or any other characteristics protected by law.
This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
E-Verify: ES&S shall electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees and shall submit a query to E-Verify for any newly-hired employee after completion of the I-9 process and no later than the end of the third business day after the employee’s actual start date.